Are you struggling to find the right nail polish shade for you? Just as there are certain colors of clothing that look better on certain skin tones, there are also different nail polish colors that flatter different skin colors! Pink Mask prides itself on having an all-inclusive color line that can flatter people of all skin tones!
The first step to finding a matching nail polish color is determining if your skin has a warm or cool undertone. The easiest way to gauge your undertone is by looking at the veins on your wrist in the sunlight. If your veins are a green color, then your skin has a warm undertone. In contrast, if your veins are slightly blue or purple, your skin possesses a cool undertone. Once you have determined the undertone, you are ready to find the color for you!
- Light Skin Tones: Neutral colors (white, silver, grey), bright pinks and blues, light purples, and deep greens match well with lighter skin tones. From our collection, we recommend trying White Tips, Silver Lake, Sherlock, Candy Shop, Jacques Cousteau, Delilah, and Countryside!
- Tan Skin Tones: Bright reds, dark browns, bright pinks, electric blues, darker purples, and whites stand out on tan skin tones. We recommend trying Volcano or Red John, Mocha, Sunset Boulevard, Jacques Cousteau, Pourpre, and White Tips!
- Medium/Olive Skin Tones: Maroons, vibrant pinks, bright reds, bright and deep purples, grayish blues, and metallic colors look beautiful on olive skin. We recommend trying Wine Up, She’s a Beauty, Red John, Marilyn, Versalles, It’s a Boy, and Miles Davis!
- Dark Skin Tones: Intense bright oranges, yellows, pinks, reds, blues, teals, and deep magenta shades look stunning on darker colored skin. We recommend trying Popsicle, Sunday Morning, Candy Shop, Volcano, Da Ba Dee, Acqua Alle Funi, and Bourgogne!
- Light Skin Tones: Pastels look great on lighter skin tones with cool undertones. We recommend trying Pinky Promise, Holly Heaven, Delilah, Yellow Lily, The O.C., and Pink Nude for pastels or Fancy Fucsia for a strong pop of color!
- Tan Skin Tones: Deeper colors and pastels flatter tan skin with cool undertones. We recommend trying Delilah, Pink Nude, Holly Heaven, Bourgogne, April Love, Moby Dick, and White Tips!
- Medium/Olive Skin Tones: Maroons, browns, muted pinks, darker blues, and royal purples almost always pair nicely with medium skin tones. We recommend trying Cherry Red or Wine Up, Mocha, Sweet Girl, Da Ba Dee, Mighty Ocean, and April Love!